If your child attends a building that receives Federal funds (W.P. Elem., South Fork, W.P. Middle), parents have the right to request information concerning the qualifications of his or her child’s teacher.
The teachers’ qualifications information may include the following:
• Whether the teacher has met state certification criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher is providing instruction
• The baccalaureate degree major and any other graduate degree or certification, including field of discipline, the teacher holds
• Whether their child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications In addition to the above information that parents may request, a building that receives Title I funds must provide to each individual parent:
• Information on their child’s achievement level in each of the state academic assessments
• notice that their child has been assigned, or has been taught, for four or more consecutive
weeks by a substitute teacher or a person who is not appropriately certified.
The notices and information provided to parents must be in a format and language that is easily
understood by all parents.